Saturday, August 28, 2010

Thought Question #1

 

Last night, a friend reminded me the importance of having discipline in one's life. Today, I felt inspired to answer a thought question. I think how a person spends his or her free time can be very revealing to the type of person he or she is.

1. Read books. I have already created a virtual book shelf which I plan to add to it as the time goes on. http://www.shelfari.com/sophlee/shelf
 
2.  Blog. Yes, I spend a lot of time on the Internet and what better way to spend it than engaging in self expression. One of my goals is to become an articulated individual, someone who can speak clearly and write well. I'm far from this goal, but I am working on it.

3. Network. It has been proven and proven again that it's not what you know but who you know world. So, networking is important!

4. Brainstorm ideas. Even if I just have 5 minutes, I can break out my pocket notebook, and start a brainstorming list for a project or article. Whatever you’ve got coming up in your work or personal life, it can benefit from a brainstorm. And that doesn’t take long.

5. Take a walk. This is something that doesn't take long and you can do it anywhere — but even more important, it’s a good way to stretch your legs from sitting at your desk too long, and it gets your creative juices flowing. If you’re ever stuck for ideas, taking a walk is a good way to get unstuck.

6. Meditate. I heard that if one were to just focus on one's breathing, a quick 5-10 minutes of meditation (or even a nap) can be tremendously refreshing.

7. Goal time. Think about goals, personal and professional. Create new ones & follow up old ones.

8. Work on hobbies. Whatever that is. I haven't decided yet. TBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment